Academy 1/48 F-16C, Hellenic Air Force

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 264 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Academy, F-16, Hellenic Air Force
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Sorry that I've been away for too long - but all the merrier and a lot of progress my friend. Love the tinted hood and seeing it on its feet, stores added and all @fiveten.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Thanks my friends @johnb and @airbum!
    The chute is going to receive another (almost drybrushed) khaki coating, to add some interest to the fabric looks of the chute.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

It is cool how things come together, Spiros (@fiveten). The braking chute looks great, but the only reason you could add it was because you scratchbuilt the housing several building steps ago. All of that previous work bears fruit in the end. Really nice!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @gblair!
    I just attached the red/green navigsation lights bilaterally of the intakes and a small pitot at the starboard side...

The AOA sensors are not provided, so I will most probably fabricate them out of stretched sprue. They are like small pins, protruding bilaterally of the radome.
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years ago:

Nice to see your F-16 standing up. That tinted windshield looks superb. The finish line is in sight, Spiros!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Tiny additions but absolutely worth the extra work, Spiros @fiveten
    Looking great.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @eb801 and @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years ago:

Clean work, Spiros! I like the clay for the drag chute too.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years ago:

Looking good, Spiros. I am sure your precise detailing will be very well received by the friend who commissioned the build. I have been doing quite a bit of fabrication of small details on my Buffalo - the wonders of stretched sprue. It sure takes patience to handle, though (and good eyes!).

• Getting there Spiros!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @j-healy, @coling and @mvtb!
    All these small details add up for sure!

• Profile Photo

Police light

The already drilled hole was filled with white glue, but I did mot put too much quantity, as I did not want to dry flush:

Upon drying, I painted the white glue chrome, with my Pilot silver pen:

Upon chrome drying, i will flood the area with Humbrol Clearfix, for the final finish (will do this after the final matt coat, so the shiny Clearfix will stand out.

Numerous touchups are taking place, by the way, weathering is to follow...

Thanks for stopping by! This beauty begs to be finished!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years ago:

Spiros - Maybe i wasn't paying attention, but what exactly is a "police light" and its purpose?

• Profile Photo

Hi my friend @eb801!

It is a light to illuminate the intercepted enemy, as to take his codes during night interception.

Not all planes and not all versions have it. I think U.S. Falcons do not have it (I haven't seen any one carrying it). It was an "extra" equipment for the HAF Block30 Falcons, but our Block 50 and onwards do not carry it! It can also be seen at some other nations Falcons, at the other side, as well.

HAF Mirage 2000s carry a police light. Here is:

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Absolute fine progress, Spiros @fiveten.
    To me everything looks perfect already, no touchups required I would say.
    Great picture of the HAF Mirages.