Hobbycraft Avro CF-100 Canuck 1/48

Started by Morne Meyer · 225 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Today was a productive day at the bench. I managed to secure an engine from the spares box and modified the engine after only using the forward part. Lots of Evergreen bits and pieces as well as plumbing still need to be added. The engine is a perfect fit and I am pleased with the overall effect of the open engine bay.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I'd say it fits. Once again some serious scratch build parts, and more to come!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Yet another amazing result through this screatch built marathon, my friend @mornem!
    This engine looks spectacular!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Erik and Spiros. Hopefully I can spice it up with lots of extra details to make it look more 'busy'. I was very hesitant to put saw to plastic and once I had cut away the panels there was no turning back. I am pleased with the result thus far.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 1 month ago:

A productive and succesful day I would say, Morne.
    This engine looks great already.

• Profile Photo

Thanks John. The engine is eyecatching and will stand out nicely once finished.

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Brilliant Morne, you have been very productive and the results are brilliant. I look forward to the paint stage which will really show the detail! Enjoy!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Adrian. Still lots of detailing to contend with. I am sure once painted the details will stand out nicely. In the past I rushed to the painting stage as that was the best part of the build. Over the past couple of years I found even more enjoyment in the scratchbuilding part of the build. It slows the building process but the end result is worthwhile the wait.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Excellent super detailing work Morne. Looks great.

• Profile Photo

I have added some additional details from Evergreen bits and pieces, brass tube and solder wire. I think the end result looks acceptable as a CF-100 engine.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Looking absolutely amazing, my friend @mornem!
    Unbelievable that this engine is made from scratch!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend. Some wiring I can only fit after the engine is installed so for now I am done with it. I must say this was the easiest part of the whole scratchbuilding journey.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Superb results, Morne.
    Exceptional how you are able to create this complex looking engine.

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Superb work Morne, the detail is incredible and the focus on different elements makes for a brilliant model. Looking forward to the next update!

• Profile Photo

Thanks John and Adrian. The engine will look great once painted and I am sure it will enhance the overall appearance of the model. The scratchbuilt details are not difficult to replicate. Good reference photos and lots of styrene courtesy of Evergreen styrene and lots of patience are all that you need to start scratchbuilding. Give it a try John. My modeling skills are not more advanced than anyone else so if I can do it John then any modeler can.