Hobbycraft Avro CF-100 Canuck 1/48

Started by Morne Meyer · 225 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years ago:

Hi John. Thank you my friend for the well wishes. I hope to get back to the engine soon. At least these new photos will be of great help.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years ago:

I have been waiting for more updates! Even though small progress, it is BIG results, as all those small details add so much to the project. Keep up the amazing work!

• Profile Photo

Greg I feel as if I let you guys down who followed my build. I promise to get back to it. Life just sometimes get in the way when least expected.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Hi my friend @mornem!
    Those are great pics, revealing a lot of details. They are great aids for the superdetailer modeler.
    I have to say, though, that your model is extremely superdetailed already. The best Canuck I've ever seen!
    Hope all is smooth with your mother.
    And, yes, modeling is a nice resort, a great stress reliever.

• Profile Photo

Thank you my friend for the nice comment. It is greatly appreciated!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

You are right that having many reference photos can be a double-edge sword, Morne (@mornem). Hobbycraft kits always provide lots of room for as much detailing as you might want to do, so you have to decide how much detailing is "enough".

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years ago:

Morne, the scratch building is looking incredible and I am glad you have found solace during this difficult time through your wonderful work of art. Looking forward to your next update and sterkte!

• Profile Photo

Today I spent some time at the bench finishing the details on the Canuck engine. I tried to add as many of the myriad of pipes to the engine as possible and tried to replicate the textured area of the jet exhaust outlet using Tamiya masking tape. The engine is by NO means an exact reproduction but rather as close as what my scratchbuilding abilities allow me to be.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Adrian. You know we old guys no the meaning of 'Vasbyt'.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Morne, those abilities of yours are quite good. I enjoy every picture you post, and the details and solutions just keep coming each time.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Erik. I have to thank you and all that are following this build as you are my inspiration to go the extra mile on this one!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Really impressive, Morne. @mornem
    To me your scratchbuild engines are a perfect copy of the original ones.
    You are able to squeeze so much details in a small area, just unbelievable.

• Profile Photo

Thank you John for the nice comment. Good references, a steady hand and tweezers always help.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

The engine looks like you could crank it up and taxi to the runway, Morne (@mornem). Great scratchbuilding. Now all it needs is a little oil and hydraulic fluid and you are all set.

• Profile Photo

Thanks George. I can't wait to paint the engine. I just need to wrap some foil over the jet exhaust outlet and then she will be ready for painting.