I will gladly pay you Tuesday

Started by Paul Wilsford · 8 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Wilsford said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Yep,a Wimpy. Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk Ic.

Several months ago Chef built one in 72 and then I got this one from a friend for S.S. last year. I figured it is time to bring it out and see what kind of dam... err. Wellington I can produce.

Instead of going with the pit first I chose to assemble the engines. I thought that the 32 scale R 2800 was a pain in the kiester but this tiny one has its own challenges, mostly due to the size.

Then I went to the pit
    the ip is one of those size challenges again due to size.

I doubt any of these will be seen once the fuse gets closed up but the parts are there to go into the plane so that's what I'll do.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Looking good Paul. When you think that it`s 1/72 scale, things do get fiddley or our fingers are not as small as they were LOL.

• Profile Photo

this is actually 48, a friend of mine did one in 72.

• Profile Photo

Here are a couple more ego shots. You know the drill, after its closed up it wont be seen.

I will get this sewn up tomorrow and then Ill go on to finish up a couple of finished kit to get them done. I know it doesn't make sense but it needs to be done.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Ok Paul, I made mistake , sorry.
    Still looks good though.

• Profile Photo

No apology needed Simon. Glad you like it.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Paul,

I'm following this with interest and will be looking for your opinion on how this kit goes together. I have a soft spot for the Wimpy, have actually examined the 1/48 Trumpeter kit the other day, but are a bit scared about this fabric texture all over the a/c.

• Profile Photo
    Bryan W. Bernart said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Nice looking effort, Paul. I finished up the same over the summer, Tons of work on the inside-ends up looking like the proverbial "Mud Fence" in the end, as the Wimpy is just, well, plain. The big decision is bomb bay doors open, or closed...

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.