Kinetic 1/48 Dassault Mirage V BR RECCE version

Started by Yann Bertholet · 42 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Great sanding, Yann @yann
    She looks really smooth. Seems like you got some extra mojo after your Mirage flight.

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Hi John and Spiros @fiveten, @fiveten. Sorry guys I was away for some time and did not keep you up to date. In the mean time I made some progress on the BR. For once I tried the pre-shading.

But this step didn't pay off, my painting skill is a bit to heavy for this type of effect... I hope I will enhance the details with the weathering.

Before going to the paint shop I fixed the wind shield and made a moke up with the canopy in the closed position, what a shame I got a huge gap between the cockpit and the canopy.

So my choice was quickly done, this one will be in open position! No other choice.

Then I started the paint job in the usual wrap around camo style and my pre shading was quickly invisible...

And one more surprise, the underwing fixation of the flaps can be seen on the upper face. What to do? I'm not in the mood to restart the whole process all over again.

And eventually descaling ops this morning. Portside side of the tail.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @yann! No worries about updates, post whenever you feel like! I would leave the flaps as they are...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Agree with our friend @fiveten, no changes required, Yann @yann.
    Love this scheme you have chosen.

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks a lot Spiros @fiveten and John @johnb. In the mean time I achieved the descaling, and started the BIG tanks 1700ltr.

Next steps are:

• to apply matte coat

• landing gears

• complete the fuel tanks

• and maybe adding sidewinder. I'm not yet sure about the ordnance. Maybe will keep it 'clean' what do you think guys?

3 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great progress, my friend @yann!
    Ordnance is a matter of personal taste. Most modelers arm their planes. Personally, I do not arm them, usually adding only external tanks, maybe special pods and only the ordnance pylons, but no ordnance. Again, personally, I would not add missiles to the Mirage III, especially taking into account its clean aerodynamic lines.

• Profile Photo

Superb looking, Yann @yann
    The times I have seen a Mirage, they didn't carry any arms and looked amazing. Personally I would also choose to leave the missiles out.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks gents, Spiros @fiveten and John @johnb. You just confirm my thought. Have a good day!

• Profile Photo

Hello guys. I'm done , at least I believe on this first post the steps I mentioned before. I struggled a bit with the nose wheel but she ended on her final position eventually! Hope you like...

On the next post you will have the primer of te final result with the canopy in open position (no other choice as I mentioned previously the gap between this last one and the canopy was to big to make something decent)

4 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

And 'voila' FINAL' post for this project before going to the highlight.

I wanted to thank all of you who follow my thread @fiveten, @johnb, @gblair, @airbum and the others... Many thanks for your good advices.

I'm waiting a bit of sun before taking some shot outdoor and the Wx forecast looks OK for this Sunday. I take this opportunity to annouce my next project (well already started actually) a F-16 A and B MLU converted (as much as I can). So guys see you soon!

• Profile Photo

Turned out wonderful, my friend @yann! Looking forward to see it at the headlines!

• Profile Photo

An amazing delta wing, Yann @yann
    Eagerly waiting to see it presented on the headlines as well.
    All the best for your next project, looking forward to that.