Lockheed T-33A

Started by Michael Turner · 55 · 6 months ago · 1/48. Testors, Hawk, Lockheed, T-33
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

Painting did turn out perfect, Michael @michaelt

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 6 months ago:

Nice. I usually find vinyl fights me, so prefer yellow tape...

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 6 months ago:

G’day Erik (@airbum),

I tried kabuki tape (yellow tape) but the cutter couldn’t manage complex shapes like letters snd numbers. I think it is the cross fibers in the tape that mess it up.

The vinyl is designed for the cutter and is quite thin. This is the first time I’ve it used it. It is a bit more tacky than the kabuki tape and affected the silver paint in a couple of places.

I will continue to experiment with it.

• Profile Photo

Finally done.

The only decals are the fuel placards on the upper wing and behind the cockpit, the rescue markings and aircraft details under the cockpit, the “NO STEP” markings the fuel tank “Air Training Command” arrows and the nose art.

I only used four of the no steps because several shatterd. The fuel tank arrows also shattered ant took a bit yo conform around the tight curve. If the font hadn’t been so small I would have tried making masks for them.

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 6 months ago:

That looks damn good, Michael! 🤩 What a great "retro build"! 👍

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Fantastic job, my friend @michaelt!

• Profile Photo

G’day Rick (@fuzzmann),
    Fortunately the tandem bike decals worked!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

Excellent finish, Michael @michaelt

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months ago:

All of the markings look great, Michael @michaelt. Your combination of stencils and repaired decals have certainly made this old kit shine. Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 6 months ago:

Michael @michaelt you’ve really done that T-bird proud. Lots of fond memories.
    Well done