Messermarine Spitschmitt 109 Mk.Vb FINISHED

Started by Erik Gjørup · 65 · 3 years ago · Bf 109, DB605, Haldværk, Spitfire, Spitfire Mk Vb
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 5 months ago:

An unusual subject, Erik.
    The outcome is very nice.
    Great to see how you got everything fit together so nicely.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 5 months ago:

This one came out exceptionally well, Erik (@airbum). It was fun following along on such an unusual build. You need to start stocking up with the parts to build the next one.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Thank you for all the kind words gentlemen.

Louis (@lgardner), You are most welcome to ask, I may just have a book with the proper information 🙂
    Spiros (@fiveten), I do my best
    John (@JohnB) this was one of the easiest resinconversions ever - just remove stuff along panellines and add the resin parts. Highly recommended if anyone wants something a bit different for thair collection.
    George, (@gblair), it was fun to build too. Parts for another go are in store, but a lot of other kits are first in line.

Even though I am generally pleased with the outcome, the search for additional material continues so that I might be able to make a more accurate cockpit at a later date. Sadly I'm back at work, but the sun will emerge on a day off again for some proper shots of the model.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Sunshine

Today the sun was out

I had a spot of lunch, prepared to go out to take a few pictures. When I opened the door the sun dissapeared

Well, now I had prepared, and these pictures were taken. I broke off the pitot in the process, glued it back on and had my Coffee. To my joy the sun had come out again, and off I went.

Now, if you want to see the next pictures it will be over in Headlines soon! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 5 months ago:

What a great finish, my friend @airbum!

It was a joy to having followed your thread: I really loved it!

So, not only you came up with an excellent model, but with a fantastic build thread, as well: full of nice comments and modeling hearted talks!

Well done, once more, my friend!

I have already commented on the headlines 🙂

P.S. To reassure the sunlight availability, you may visit us here in Greece to take pics of your models!