Messerschmitt Bf 109 Werke

Started by Erik Gjørup · 305 · 4 months ago · 1/48, 109, 109 werke, airbum, Bf109, Haldværk, halfworks, Messerschmitt, quarterscale
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Hi Erik @airbum, I may not contribute very much to this post but I thoroughly enjoy reading it, and have become, much to my surprise, a fan of the 109 family. I'm really looking forward to getting one or more of the new Wingsy kits when they are available here in China. As for that "other build" here on iModeler, I haven't really learnt much from it...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks for this great info, my friend @airbum! I could have never imagined that such great kits would have emerged!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

@holzhamer, I promised the producer not to tell about it but I am almost at the point of bursting. . . The first impressions that has been made available to me are really really nice. any you are right, we need to loosen up and get on with the hobby.
    @chinesegeorge, the 109 is addictive, and with the almost unlimited amount of variations they are for almost everyone. I have to admit the more I dig the deeper I want to go.
    @fiveten, it is just so exciting with Wingsy's attention to detail. I have supplied them with some information on the E-3a versione that they might already have, but boy, am I excited for that release!

There is a link to the E-3 launch here; https://www.wingsykits.com/product/d5-08-german-wwii-fighter-messerschmitt-bf-109-e-3-1-48/

Hope this is OK with site-rules as it is not for sale yet 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 10 months ago:

The Wingsy info from your link looks very interesting, Erik (@airbum). Really nice box art, as well as some cool paint schemes for the decals. I have an E-1 ordered through my local hobby shop.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

@chinesegeorge, @johnb, @gblair, @gkittinger, @fiveten, @coling, @holzhamer, @lis and all other 109 fans, the lid has been lifted, and I am very excited and happy to tell you all that a HA-1112 M.1L conversion is now available! It is initially released in a moviestar packing with decals for the planes that were converted for the BofB movie

That also means modified wingtips and fake tailplanestruts are included!

Now, that leaves me with two old 1112 kits that are not all that accurate, but nonetheless a bit cheaper that a new Tamiya and a conversionkit. I have preorderes a few of these.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Looks like a very thorough conversion set, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 10 months ago:

looks fantastic!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

That conversion set set looks very nice Erik. @airbum
    Still one of the challenges I need to perform, building with one of those sets.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Conversion set looks great, Erik (@airbum). I have some conversions for 1/32 109s, but I haven't quite worked up the courage to start cutting up a host kit yet.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Spanish Buchon!

SBS model har just sent me a mail to inform me that the Spanish-version of the Buchón, kit no 48075 is now available!

Hispano HA-1112 M.1L Buchon 'Spanish Air Force' is the one you may want to look for at your preferred hobby shop @chinesegeorge, @johnb, @gblair, @gkittinger, @fiveten, @coling, @holzhamer, @lis and other 109aholics

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks for the great info, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Cool!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

That must be a very nice kit, Erik @airbum
    Will keep my eyes open once we can enter our shops again in the Netherlands.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 4 months ago:

@johnb, I see that I did not specify that it is a conversion kit and you need the Tamiya 109 G-6 as a donor! All in all a bit expensive, but then you get one of the ugliest 109's ever made (in my humble opinion). A must for any 109aholic.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

@airbum, I could have read the boxart better as well to know this is just a conversion set. Fully agree with you that this 109 does not have great looks, but is a nice addition to other 109's.