Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6, Hungary V.8 63, Zvezda 1/48

Started by Erik Gjørup · 101 · 1 year ago · 1/48, 109, airbum, Bf109, halfworks, hungary, Messerschmitt, quarterscale, zvezda
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Looking perfect, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Those decals do indeed look great, Erik @airbum

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Legs!

After 9 months (again!) progress is to be seen

Not a lot, but it has got legs!

actually I added those a long time ago, so now they should be able to support the weight?

I added the paintmasks to the wheels

and will paint these in the near future (?)

even thought this build had its own build-box some items has dissapered. I have to source a new hood as well as nav-lights. Probably have some eduard hoods I will check, but those tip-lights are another matter.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Glad to see this receiving your attention again, my friend @airbum! Hope you'll find a solution for the missing transparencies.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Spiros, actually I had the missing items stored in a box that had been misplaced - just re-discovered it, and all the items I need are there. Nice to know that everytning has a correct place 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Good to see this one on your bench again, Erik @airbum. And good news as well that you did find the 'missing' parts.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Wish I knew it for my stuff too, my friend @airbum . Which is why scratch building is the story of my (modeling) life... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Glad you found your missing parts, Erik (@airbum). I always put things somewhere obvious, that turns out not be so obvious when I try to find them again. Not much left on this build, looking forward to the last bits.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 2 months ago:

It only took half the time to re-visit this one compared to the distance between the previous updates!

Another layer of clear!

after 4½ months one should think the previous layer had cured – right?

And thus I also airbrushed this one once again as the temperature and humidity seemed OK again.

Starting to even out the huge ridges where I had the masking tape.

Still not good, but getting better each time.

Once again it has to cure a lot, then some superfine sanding, probably some wet-sanding, and one or two layers before it is ready to the final matt coat.

As usual at this stage it will take quite some time before I come back to this one – tune in again later to check!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Progressing nicely on this Gustav as well, Erik @airbum

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Great coating results, my friend @airbum! Those ridges will belong to the past.