Midway 80th anniversary duo - 1:72 ArmaHobby F4F-4 Wildcat & Flyhawk SBD-3 Dauntless

Started by Sebastijan Videc · 84 · 1 year ago · armahobby, Dauntless, flyhawk, Midway, Wildcat
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Both are wonderful, my friend @inflames!
    Well done!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Really impressive results, Sebastijan @inflames
    Two thumbs up.

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I finally got the deck display done. Hope you like it. It was a total experiment for me - Using a laser cut and engraved deck, then some planks were painted with different shades of brown washes. When this tedious process was finished, I painted it with Intermediate Blue to imitate the blue deck staining and painted steel parts and white markings for added interest. I really like the result, especially how diverse the planking looks.

Now I just have to finish the figures.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

This is really amazing, my friend @inflames!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

A very realistic looking deck, Sebastijan @inflames

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 8 months ago:

The two models look terrific, Sebastijan (@inflames). They will look really cool with the flight deck and figures. The planking on your deck looks very good, so all of the work was worth it. I have the SBD in my pile and noticed the interesting canopy situation you ran into. I was wondering how to mask and paint the parts of the canopy that telescopically slide together if the part that needs to be painted is molded under other glass. OH well, I will worry about that when I get around to it.

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 8 months ago:

@gblair Thank you!

I'd say painting the bottom frame that's gonna be covered by upper glass, from the inside, should make a good enough illusion?

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I would think so, Sebastijan (@inflames). I can't think of any other way to do it. Looking forward to seeing the diorama come together.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Sebastijan @inflames - these two models look great. With the effort you have put into them, they could be mistaken in the photos of 1/48.