Monogram Hawker Typhoon-A Little Side Project.

Started by Seamus Boughe · 38 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 1 year, 2 months ago:

When it came to this build, the toughest thing for me to figure out was what I was going to use for rockets and rails. A rocket carrying Typhoon is so iconic that the kit supplied rockets and rails just would not do. As a matter of fact, they're complete s**t. I was thinking about pirating them from another kit or even doing a bit of scratch building when, at a recent model show/competition, I came across a complete set of rockets and rails by Ultracast. The label did not specify that they were for any particular kit and, for an asking price of $8.00 American, I figured I would take a chance. As it turns out, the Ultracast rockets and rails conformed to the Monogram wings beautifully. All that was left to do was add a few small bits and bobs and the Typhoon is now complete. I decided to put my Typhoon into a small vignette so stay tuned.

15 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Very nice work.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Huge improvement, Seamus. Nice Tiffy.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Looks fantastic, my friend @seamus1!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 2 months ago:

That looks very impressive, Seamus @seamus1

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Great job, Seamus (@seamus1). The Typhoon came out great, and the addition of the rockets and rails really adds to the overall appearance. You are right about the iconic appearance with the rockets.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 1 year, 2 months ago:

That was one long project to keep you busy Seamus, but my oh my it was worth the wait. That's the finest looking Monogram Tiffy I've ever seen. Excellent work.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 2 months ago:

One word needed to describe, "Professional" . The seven year itch became the five year angle. Old school modeling with elbow grease, four letter words and imagination in the house of @seamus1 rocks !

Raisin the bar with that Tiffy Seamus.