Reggiane 2000 1.ª Serie: Special Hobby

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 50 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years ago:

Pedro, @holzhamer
    Too bad to hear about the problem with positioning the cockpit tub... Do you think it would be better if you sanded down the outside walls of the cockpit, and possibly do some sanding inside on the fuselage walls where the cockpit joins ?

I'm just curious about this, as the seams look pretty nice in your pictures.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 3 years ago:

@lgardner - Louis my friend, that’s a good question!
    I don’t think it’s necessary to thin either the side walls or the fuselage area. The problem comes from the the structure itself, since there are 2 raised lines in the fuselage wall that are meant to guide the positioning of the cockpit tub. However the latter has 3 sections, but I believe the most rearward is definitely not to be positioned within those lines.
    Fitting the parts within those lines seemed easy when dry fitting but not once I glued the fuselage. In hindsight I would suggest glue the fuselage halves first and then insert the whole tub. Any troubles found in that step can still be rectified with ease, since fuselage walls are bare, no details there to be lost with sanding or grinding.

As for the seams, well I’ve had far worst 😉 more progress soon I hope

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years ago:

@holzhamer - Yes, indeed, your project here is going to make mine so much easier. I'll definitely follow your suggestion about positioning the cockpit after assembling the fuselage.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

I always have problems with kits that don't have positive locating points for the cockpit tub. I end up using TLAR (that looks about right), which is a 50-50 proposition at best. The results you got certainly look good, Pedro (@holzhamer).

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 3 years ago:

Lol George, that sounds about right. Sometimes it’s the only tool available right?

@tcinla Tom, odd twist of roles, hein? 😉