Scratch build 1/24 scale Aerotek Ace prototype – Part 1

Started by Adrian Starling · 194 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Many thanks Joseph!

• Profile Photo

Still not got to the paint shop yet! Over the last week I have built both exhaust ports and started the front reduction gearbox. I hope the pictures tell the story and once complete I will finally complete the engine build with the accessory gearbox at the rear of the motor. The Alclad 2 metallics are getting tired of waiting! I hope you enjoy the update…

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Excellent detailing work, Adrian @adrianstarling

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Excellent progress so far, my friend @adrianstarling!

• Profile Photo

Many thanks John and Spiros, head down a lots of catch up work required!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I am still constantly amazed that you can combine simple shapes into these complex constructions that perfectly match the actual item in the plane. Well done, Adrian (@adrianstarling).

• Profile Photo

Many thanks for your kind words George, the final bits and pieces on the motor before returning to the airframe, cockpit and landing gear. I am looking forward to moving away from primer and onto colour!

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 1 year, 7 months ago:

A few delays and taking longer than expected, the motor is nearing completion! Fortunately I am closer to getting to the paint shop and there is some good detail for detailing! The prop blades will be moulded from the master in resin next and then I will get back to mounting the assembly to the airframe. I hope you enjoy the update…

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Looking superb, my friend @adrianstarling! Unbelievable this engine is scratch built!

• Profile Photo

Many thanks Spiros, it has been a challenge but very satisfying and has pushed me out of my comfort zone!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Beautiful motor. I do know the scale helps, but that is amasing scratchbuilding. As always, thanks for sharing Adrian!

• Profile Photo

Many thanks Erik, it’s 1/24 but the eyes are not as good as they used to be but I am happy with the progress. Thanks for stopping bye and for your kind words!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

This is indeed a great scratch build engine, Adrian @adrianstarling. Even the smallest parts are well detailed.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks John, it has been slow progress but close to getting the motor done at last!