Shelf Of Doom Rescue To A Five Footer

Started by Carl Smoot · 22 · 6 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 6 months ago:

I've finally had some time to work on this a little more. I still need to do some detail painting, pin wash, and final assembly, but it's getting close to the point where I can squirrel it away in my display cabinet. The landing gear on this kit is quite fiddly and there are no good positive location points. I did minimal weathering on them and the gear wells, a dirty brown wash. There are ejector pin marks in the gear doors, but I've had so much trouble putting this together that I just want to get it finished so I can return to my Hudson and HobbyBoss FJ Fury and F-4 Lightning projects.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Looks magnificent so far, my friend @clipper!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

Looks realy impressive already, Carl @clipper

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months ago:

This Shooting Star is really looking good, Carl (@clipper). Looking forward to your Hudson, too.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros (@fiveten), John (@johnb) and George (@gblair). I should be able to wrap up the Shooting Start in the next day or two and then I can move on to other projects.

George, I am going to be spending quite a bit of effort on the Hudson so I am doing some planning first so that I can get things done correctly. It will probably be awhile before I have anything worth posting.

• Profile Photo

I've posted the finished product on the headlines page as an article.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Looks awesome on the headlines, my friend @clipper!