Shelf of Doomstangs

Started by Jim Harley · 16 · 3 years ago · 1/48th scale, Alclad, Mr. Color, P-51 Mustang, Salem Representative, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Jim, @jimh
    Your Pony looks great in the headlines section. I just left a nice comment on there for you... One Mustang that has always stood out to me was the Yellow and Black "Rockwell International" Mustang that Bob Hoover flew back in the 1970's... as a kid, I can remember watching him perform his airshow sequence and how smooth he was. My Dad and I would go to the airshows regularly back then.

Besides flying his Mustang, Bob Hoover was also able to do some amazing things in an Aero Commander. Watching him fly a routine, then do it again with one engine off, and then do it again with no engines in "glide" mode was noting less than spectacular. He would even roll right back to the exact spot he started from at the very end...(still without the engines running), after landing once he completed his glide sequence.

He was a great pilot... and it would really be cool to see one of his Mustangs built up.

I would really like to see you finish up your Panther... Maybe we can both finish ours up ? Mine still needs the main gear added and some other stuff and my Brubaker jet will be done.