Silver Horse and Black Fighting Rooster – Mustang mk.III AZ-Model

Started by capt. R · 141 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Looking really super, my friend @lis!
    As usual, you are too hard on evaluating your job.
    Your very beautiful dog might agree with me!

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 7 months ago:

@fiveten I don't know if such situations happen to you, but despite the good masking, the olive paint pierced the wing and it was necessary to correct it. For reasons unknown to me, even the varnish layer did not mask the patch in 100%.

• Profile Photo

Yes, they happen to me all the time! 🙂
    Touching up patches can be an "interesting" experience, my friend @lis, especially when metallic colors are in the "game".
    Still your Mustang looks wonderful from here!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten the dog greets you 🙂 I'm glad that you like my work. Today some decals!

• Profile Photo

Looking forward to your decals, my friend @lis.
    My greetings to your lovely dog, too!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Looking forward to decals, @lis. Your metal finish looks great.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 7 months ago:

It really looks great, Lis @lis
    Metal is not easy but it seems like you have mastered this painting very well.

• Profile Photo

@airbum @pb_legend @gblair @fiveten @johnb

Technical stencils is done. Techmod decals are quite good to set on model. i hope national insygnia will be seting good too. It was not without small incidents. One of the four "no step" descriptions has been damaged. I don't know why but it fell apart when applied to the model. Therefore, I gave up these two designations. In theory, machine gun inspection holes should each have an "no step" individual description. I will have two "no step" markings. I hope, as the flaps are integrated and placed next to each other, no ruffian at the airport will step into the cover. Photos soon.

• Profile Photo

@airbum @pb_legend @gblair @fiveten @johnb

Working with Techmod decals was very hard in the end. I think they are too fragile in my opinion. There were very thin. After setting it looks good, but during work you can have some accidents. I think I already know why I rather avoided buying this brand... Or maybe I lack practice or skills? In any case, I experienced dramatic moments when the letter "K" from the side that you are looking at in the photo was damaged. I will add that the attached tehmod instruction is wrong. Provides incorrect numbers for individual technical markings. You have to verify everything exactly with the description text and match it to the drawing. This is a big minus, I think. Such shortcomings should be corrected by the manufacturer because this set of markings is available on the market for long time.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Despite the challenges it looks great, my friend @lis!
    Yep, some decals can frustrate you...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 7 months ago:

You definitely won the fight over the decals, Lis @lis
    The end result looks great.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb Thank You my friends! I hope I will do weathering without problems. Today I made position lamps, and painted some details as mirror and viewfinder.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great job, my friend @lis!
    Hard to believe it is 1/72!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 7 months ago:

The decals look spectacular on the natural metal, @lis. You never know about decals because there are so many variables: brand of decals, age of decals, how they were stored, which setting fluids you used, type of paint on the plane, humidity, how you were dressed on the day you were working (just kidding). I have had problems with decals that I have used without problems before. The key is not whether the decals work perfectly, but how you recover when they don't work so well. I think you recovered well from the problems.

• Profile Photo

@gblair I'm glad that you lik my work. in theory, the decal set was fresh. They are very thin. On surfaces with small convex elements, they like to break spontaneously (which actually happened on the convex elements of the upper surface of the wings, although you can not see it practically. For the decals I use Micro set SM-01 liquid and Mico sol SM-02 made in the USA. They always worked.