@fiveten
    Yes it is my friend! πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Immaculate finish, @lis. Well done.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Looking great Lis @lis.
    Like Spiros @fiveten mentioned, while modelling it seems like time does not exist.
    Till the moment that a member of the family enters the room and asks if everything is ok.

• Profile Photo
    Erik GjΓΈrup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Very well done! looking great.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Great work, Lis. Neatly done.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 10 months ago:

@johnb @airbum @fiveten @gblair @j-healy @tcinla After the dramatic, night assembly of the canopy and the no less dramatic assembly of the main gear, the model is waiting for the assembly of the mirror, which, like the viewfinder, I would almost forget! The fairing is very hard to assemble and it can be said that it spoils the whole positive effect of folding the model (apart from the main gear, but I usually have a problem with that - let it be better next time). Finishing the model after the weekend, because I'm going to the first (and probably the last one this year due to the 4th wave of the pandemic) modeling event. Hope to have fun. So finishing the model and the article after Sunday. See you soon πŸ™‚

PS.Unfortunately, two decals suffered during this emotional evening with the model (because of masking tape during fillimg holes between canopy and fuselage by clear Microscale glue): one small DTG fuel 100 oct and one Dunlop. I am very disappointed with this πŸ™ but I'm afraid that I will have to live with it. After resuscitation they look faded or dirty. Dunlop in particular. The DTG signature is invisible from the inscription at the fuel filler, as if someone was leaning against the dirty gloves of an airplane mechanic . I wonder if I will ever have a model with which I will not have to moan at the end? But... I think I need more Spitfires now... The appetite grows while eating. Mabye good old mk IXc?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Despite all these really small issues, your Spit looks spectacular, my friend @lis!
    Have fun at your modeling event!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Agree, a very shiny Spitfire, I like it

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 10 months ago:

I agree with everyone else, @lis. Your Spitfire looks terrific, even with all of the issues it had during the build. Sometimes the kits fight back, but are worth it in the end.

• Profile Photo

Agree as well with previous members, Lis @lis.
    You did a wonderful job on this Spitfire and if you wouldn't tell, nobody will notice.
    The overall beauty of your build is hiding the minor errors.

• Profile Photo

@johnb @airbum @fiveten @gblair @j-healy @tcinla After short weekend breake I finished mirror ant fit into a place. Spitfire is done. Most importantly, filling the space between the canopy and the fuselage seems effective

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Well done @lis!
    This is one excellent Spit, fooling the scale!

• Profile Photo

It is great, Lis @lis
    Like Spiros @fiveten said, she looks much bigger than she really is.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Well done Lis, looking good.

• Profile Photo