Tamiya F-14B (Conversion) 1/48, The Fighting 103.

Started by Harvey R. · 141 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Cold War, F-14, Jolly Roger, Tamiya, tomcat, Top Gun, VF-103
  • Profile Photo
    Harvey R. said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Been a busy few days, but I finally managed to get those missiles done even if it took me way longer than it should have.

Regardless, I'm calling this finished. I just noticed I got the wrong chin pod so maybe one day I'll get round to flicking it off and replacing it, but it's only a minor thing.

Time to write out the main post, take some more photos, and then put it in the shelf. It was an interesting build with its ups and downs, I'm glad how it turned out, but there's just something about those WWII planes I find more enjoyable to make. I am happy to have this Tomcat finished and displayed, stands out among the props. Thank to all of you who have given feedback and encouragement during the build, it's definitely appreciated. I'll see you all in the next build thread.

Fin.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looks amazing, my friend @scalerambush!
    Congratulations on your build!
    It was a pleasure to follow your thread!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Fantastic, Harvey. @scalerambush
    This is a truly awesome result, especially the weathering is superb.
    Thanks for sharing all your steps.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Top gun, Harvey @scalerambush, sorry, I couldn't resist it.

• Profile Photo
    Harvey R. said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Thank you folks, it's appreciated!

Hopefully it doesn't end up in the Danger Zone, Tamiya makes good kits but not THAT good.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looks awesome, Harvey (@scalerambush). All of that extra work certainly shows in the end. I often think I spend more time on the stuff hanging on the wings of a plane than I spend on the plane itself.