The Bebout Panther

Started by Jim Harley · 26 · 3 years ago · Grumman, Monogram, Panther
  • Profile Photo
    Jim Harley said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Happy New Year all! Thanks for having a look. She’s coming along pretty well. @Louis, I’ll see if I can figure out how to move the thread. The wing fences are going on last... I see what you mean about them being fragile. This has been such a fun build! The inner flaps have a series of formers and stiffeners...I ‘faked’ it with some plastic card, it’ll hopefully look the part once they are sprayed black and fitted up. More soon!

Jim

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Looking great, Jim @jimh!
    And I can see you preserved a lot of the raised detail!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Happy New Year Jim !
    This bad boy is coming together quickly and it’s already looking fantastic.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Nice to see her standing on her feet, Jim.
    Cannot wait to see her in sea blue and which brand you chose for that.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

It's BIG. Rolling nicely down the assemblyline Jim (@jimh)! I think if you want to move to Korean group build you have to make a new over there. As far as I know it is not possible to move between groups, but should you choos to, just start a new one over there and make a noe here that you have continued over in the other group, might even make a link here in your "last" post. I shall be happy to follow wherever you choose to post the rest of this build.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Man you are on a roll Jim, that Panther is looking mighty good. Rumors that you couldn't build one was just that rumors. Happy New Year

• Profile Photo
    Jim Harley said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks guys, and thanks for following along! I’ll leave it here for now, maybe I’ll link it from the group build. I made a trip to the hobby shop this morning for tape...imagine that ...stupid invasion strips 🙂

Mike also runs Model Car World and produces his own line of Military enamels and lacquers. I got to talking to him about the Sea Blue dilemma and he pointed me at his SB lacquer. I laid down a layer of light blue Tamiya to help with under shading and on it went and it’s spectacular paint. After about 15 minutes it was dry as a bone. So, on went some decals. There are still plenty of stencils remaining but it’s looking like the movie. More soon!

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Isn't it just great to discover the shade you want, custom made at your local Hobby Store?
    This blue looks fantastic, Jim @jimh!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 4 months ago:

That is an awesome looking color, Jim.
    Also those decals came on nicely.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Awesome! Looking great with those decals coming on Jim (@jimh). Here in Denmark the stores are closed for a few weeks, but luckily most of them will send you the things you ask for. I did re-stock masking tape last year 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Nice looking Panther Jim, haven't been to Mike's store but I've talked to him on the phone and bought some of his paint. I found it to be excellent, doesn't run and dries hard as a rock. Gotta make a road trip up there some day to check out his whole line of paints. Look forward to you posting this good looking bird.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.