The dreaded B-29

Started by Kyle Koppos · 19 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 10 months, 1 week ago:

It's too bad the guy who used to cast fitted weights for this kit is no longer around. Getting this thing to nose takes A LOT OF WEIGHT in the forward bomb bay. I strongly suggest you invest in metal gear legs (speaking from experience).

Also, the B-29 has A LOT of different metallic shades on the exterior. A base coat with rattlecan is probably a good idea, then a lot of masking off and doing different areas.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Great job so far, my friend @kopperhed!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Wow, what a great project, Kyle (@kopperhed). Multiengine bombers tend to be complex anyway, but the size of this one just adds to the problems. I suspect the biggest problem will occur once you assemble the fuselage and wings, when you try to find some place where you can work and paint. I really like using Vallejo spray paint. I applies very smooth and thin, and seems a lot more controllable than some of the others. Looking forward to the rest of your build.

• Profile Photo
    Kyle Koppos said 10 months, 1 week ago:

@tcinla I tried to contact that guy but no response, which is a shame because he also made replacement bomb bay doors.