Toulouse Nuts 1/48 Tamiya TF-51 Conversion

Started by Jim Harley · 18 · 3 years ago · Mustang, P-51 Mustang, resin conversion, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Jim Harley said 3 years, 7 months ago:

@gblair I'll tell yah George, Aclad and I did not get along at first. I used the Aclad black base primer and it never fully cured. I tried to spray over it with Alclad Aluminum and it peeled right off with tape. So, I switched to Mr. Color Gloss black, top coated with Mr. Color Gloss Clear and wet sanded with 4000 Mico Mesh. The finish was rock hard and smooth. The Alcad colors worked perfectly. It took me just over an hour to paint Toulouse with 3 different shades of Aluminum using Tamiya tape for each panel. Once that was done I sprayed a coat of Alclad Gloss clear over the entire airframe and applied the decals. Once the decals were dry I sprayed it with Mr. Color Gloss clear and applied the Tamiya Washes. It seems involved but it works a treat.

Glad you guys are liking this build, it's a fun project. A friend of mine is bugging me to make TF parts for the Eduard D. The canopy fits the Eduard D as long as it is displayed open. There is a bout a 1/2mm difference between the two kits, the Eduard being slightly wider. I'll probably end up doing that one as well 🙂

Thanks for all the kind comments!
    Mustangs Forever!
    Jim

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 3 years, 7 months ago:

That is one fine looking pony Jim. Too bad the Cleveland show was CXL was looking forward to seeing you and your new model box LOL.

• Profile Photo
    Jim Harley said 3 years, 7 months ago:

@tom-bebout HA! that nearly made me spit my beer. I upgraded to a nice plastic storage box 🙂 Hopefully next year...