Trio of Hudsons in 1/72

Started by George R Blair Jr · 355 · 4 months ago · 1/72, 3D printing, Italeri, Lockheed Hudson, MPM, Revell
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Applying antenna wires with a smashed finger sounds challenging, George @gblair
    Well thought to have your marriage on December 31st, congratulations.
    Wishing you all the best for 2024.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 4 months ago:

Iā€™m really impressed!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months ago:

Louis: @lgardner
    Spiros: @fiveten
    John: @johnb
    Bernard: @lis

Thanks everyone. I am happy to report that the trio is complete. There are a few minor touchups, but the trio is done. It seems like I have been working on them forever. Luckily they have been fun and served as a great pallet to try different building techniques, painting methods, and weathering techniques on what were supposedly the same model. As we have seen, having 3 kits from 3 different manufacturers from the same molds doesn't mean the kits will all build the same. Thanks for following along on this marathon build. In the future, I think I will stick to one at a time. Looking forward to seeing all of your builds in 2024. Cheers.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 4 months ago:

very very good work!

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 4 months ago:

Very cool George (@gblair). Nice finish to this marathon! They look great. Multiple kits at a time is okay once in awhile when you have a good reason to do it. And as for taking a long time,, well, the results make it worth it. But I do understand that feeling. I am also wanting to move on from my Hudson build. I have three other kits in various stages of work, but they have all been setting idle for months while I focused on all the extra work on the Hudson. One way of looking at this is that you have a three kit head start on kits completed in 2024. šŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months ago:

All three are equally beautiful, George @gblair
    Even though it has taken some time, it was definitely worth it.
    Incredible to see how three same aircraft can look so differently.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months ago:

Well done, my friend @gblair!
    Fantastic build thread and awesome result times three!

• Profile Photo

Bernard (@lis)

Carl (@clipper)

John (@johnb)

Spiros (@fiveten)

Thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to something a little more straight-forward. I plan to do an emergency vehicle from our local county EMS for the Public Service Vehicle group, followed by an F-16 for the F-16 group. I want to do an additional public service vehicle and another F-16, but both will be more involved. Looking forward to your Harvard, Carl. Cheers everyone.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 months ago:

@gblair - you have really done quite an amazing job with this trio, and they all came out looking good - nice work on the paint schemes and aging/weathering the paint.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Tom (@tcinla). I have never built more than one at a time. Building three at a time was a real adventure.