Trumpeter 1/48 J-7B Fighter

Started by George Williams · 18 · 3 years ago · 1/48, J-7B, Trumpeter
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Here are the main components foiled and decalled waiting for final assembly plus one picture fully assembled on my desk, waiting for some touching up (!) and more pictures before eventually posting it on the main page.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Wow George ! The foil work looks fantastic ! Nothing beats a bare metal finish like real bare metal ... I have been using the "Bare Metal Foil" for years and I am very pleased with how it turns out. BMF is supposed to be a little thinner than your typical aluminum foil that is used in kitchens and for cooking. Plus it has the advantage of having the adhesive already on the back, so it's a peel and stick type thing. It is available in different shades. Currently, they offer Ultra Bright Aluminum, Chrome, Matte Aluminum, Gold and Copper, plus they have one called Black Chrome for the car guys.

However I know a fellow model builder who actually used kitchen foil to cover a 1/48 scale Monogram B-17... and it looked great !

So does your build my friend ... I'll bet it really pops in the sunlight.

I'll be looking forward to the reveal for sure. Thanks for the updates.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 3 years ago:

For some reason I never got round to posting this in Headlines, will correct this in the next couple of days.