VooDoo Magic

Started by Jack Mugan · 10 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Well this project started out as a simple OOB build, but as is often the case, things got out of hand, and then the project got totally crazy. The original thought process was to build the Kitty Hawk model and just remove the nose and replace it with the Koster Conversion for an easy build of the photo version of the VooDoo. I removed the nose guns while waiting for the conversion set to arrive, and this was my first mistake. With the arrival of the conversion set it was quickly obvious that this project just took a giant leap to a different level. Now there was going to be major surgery to the exhaust area and the nose was not going to work out as planned due to the new cockpit location. At this point I decided to go back to the original plan to do the OOB build with the Kitty Hawk kit and breakout a Monogram kit from the closet of forgotten kits, and use that to build the photo version. Now I have two projects going instead of one. This is a big model in 48th scale and finding a home was difficult enough with just one, and now there will be two. Fortunately, the conversion set also included the nose guns, so I can correct my earlier mistake. I hope I do not run out of gas before these get built….wish me luck.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 3 months ago:

I don`t think you will need any of that Jack.
    Your skills will pull this off.
    And anyhow, finding room for 2 more...

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Looking awesome. I love those Century Series A/C. I have this kit in the works. I need to get back on it some day 🙂

Cheers Brian

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 3 months ago:

So you'll have THREE 101's, right? The Monogram 2-seater, the Kitty Hawk single-seater and then the Recon version, right? By the way, how's the fit/engineering on that KH...I've heard pros AND cons.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Funny how things work out! You've certainly got some work to do with three of these things, Jack, but I'm sure they will look good together.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Yep you sure have your hands full with this one, Jack. Good luck.

• Profile Photo

So far it seems to be OK Craig. I do not plan to do anything other than an OOB build, so I am not going after corrections etc. The RF version is a bit tougher, but I am making some progress.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Carle said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Looking forward to seeing your progress here. I have the C+H RF-101 conversion, hopefully you will inspire me to get on it!

• Profile Photo

Some forward progress is being made…….lots of putty involved however.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Progress is coming along pretty well it seems, Jack...those stands come in handy, don't they? I've got 4 of 'em - all different sizes.