XA2D-1 Skyshark ClearProp, 1:48

Started by Martin Dytrych · 68 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Martin Dytrych said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Few days ago, I was ready to start Hawker Sea Fury made by Airfix. Everything has changed today after arriving this birthday's gift from my lovely wife.
    I do not plan any customization, it will go straight out of box, there is everything you need to build it anyway...
    Plastic quality is top notch, you get 2 seats versions, both PUR, plus photoetched parts, so it is like full service kit!
    I decided to build Navy blue variant as there is possibility to make some nice weathering.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

That's a wonderful entry, Martin!
    Looks like a super kit!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I almost pulled the trigger on this kit, but think I may wait for the non-prototype kit to release. Very curious to see how it builds up!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Really looking forward to this build, Martin (@naviatik). I really want this kit, but I just can't past the $100 price tag here in the States.

• Profile Photo

that is really shamy price. 🙁
    I got it for 55€.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Congratulations with your birthday, Martin @naviatik
    A wonderful gift from your wife.
    Once build you will always remember that day when looking at it.
    Looking forward to this unusual bird.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I have this one on order so I will definitely follow your progress on this build!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 11 months ago:

@naviatik - if you're doing it historically accurate, there was no weathering on these prototypes, or at least none till they were stuck out on the back 40 after retirement.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla, I am building this one. There is definitely little bit something. 🙂

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Martin @naviatik, happy to see that you have the research done to make a properly weathered example of this interesting plane. Looking forward to your historicaly accurate build when you get around to it.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Erik, I will do my best.
    However, it is overall navy blue.. very though scheme to make it eye-catching.
    I think I will do some compromise between accuracy and attractivity.
    Yes, I must admit that.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Well Martin, the large exhaust heatstains will brighten up the darkness of the blue, and that together with the unusual plane will all add up to make it a fiest for the eye I'm sure. Anyway, I am strapped in to follow the build from this relatively new company. I have a few of their kits and accessories on the wishlist, so it will be interesting to check in here @naviatik.

• Profile Photo

You are right, but I must say it is not first company from Ukraine producing high quality kits... There is some kind of boom.
    DoraWings, ClearProp, AMG... and they all release minor interest kits, but in the quality of topsellers.
    I really appreciate their strategy.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 2 years, 11 months ago:

The only 1/72 versions (in non-vac-form) that I've found are Mach2 kits - and after building one, I'm not sure I want to tackle another! I look forward to your build, and love the term "attractivity!" I tend to default to attractivity vs. exactivity! Roll on!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Greg, @gkittinger, Clear Prop is also introducing a 1/72 version of this a/c.

Martin, I believe all these companies are under the same umbrella. I'm sure someone else can clarify, perhaps Tom @tcinla knows.