Zoukei Mura 1/32 scale J2 M3 Raiden

Started by Marc Barris · 9 · 8 years ago · and started building untill 2 am Sunday morning. COOL, Here we go again, i came back from the Congo last Friday, rested untill Saturday
  • Profile Photo
    Marc Barris said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I thought I would share with you the build I am currently busy with, I cant wait to get back home from the Congo to continue with this build. I have really fallen in love with the Zoukei Mura kits, they are truly a work of art and a lot of development has been put in to the manufacture of these model kits. The only thing I have done in the assembly so far is add plumbing to the engine, and do all the assembled parts justice by doing a decent paint job, I will of course keep you updated with the build as I get on with it. I cant wait to get home.

15 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bill Koppos said 8 years, 11 months ago:

looks like there is one Raiden left, that';s a real engine in a museum, right? Nice detailing, Godspeed home.

• Profile Photo
    Tappie Scholtz said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Boet it looks absolutely great. Hurry up with the rest. We can't wait to see.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I saw one of these at our IPMS meeting last week. Our guy brought in the engine and cockpit, WIP, as here. It's a beauty, as you can see. He said he added a couple wires, but that was it.
    Incredible molding!
    Nice change for him, I'm guessing. He does 1/700 Japanese ships, with photoetch parts. Impressive!

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Marc, a good start. I did their 1/32 Shinden. If this is your first ZM build, I'd advise close attention to the modules where they join together. Individually they build up well and as you can see with great detail, but the fit when pulling individual units together was a little disappointing. Patience is the watchword with ZM builds, I found. I look forward to seeing your progress with this one.

• Profile Photo

Hi Rob, this is luckily not the first one, I built the A-1 Skyraider, I really enjoyed that kit, all my modelling years I have had to scratch build things, so to be honest, this kit does take a little of the fun out of building for me. Thanks for the comment Rob.

• Profile Photo

Hey Tappie, where are those pictures of your kits? waiting Bud. Thanks for your comments.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I also built the Z-M Skyraider (the only Z-M offering I've yet to do, however)...I'd love to see a post of YOUR A-1, Marc. This Raiden looks to be a top-notch build. Too bad a lot of your detail will be covered up - or will it?

• Profile Photo

Hi Craig, I am still in the Congo at the moment, but I will be flying out on Friday back home, I will take a few pics of some of the kits I have built and post them by the end of the week end, hopefully better than the ones I have posted already. I will take pic's of the A1.
    I am going to open quite a few panels on the Raiden and I will be scratch building some parts as well, hopefully it works out at planned.