Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Martini Turbo

Started by Cricket · 108 · 2 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac

This just in, PE parts en route OH BOY! I had done one a couple years back but wasn't happy with it, now that my skills have advance I wanted to do another, I got the original kit cheap and cant wait to sink my teeth in it 🙂

The decals were a nightmare. I’m going to try and do the cutaway like on the box art.

2 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Great entry, Cricket @bikequeen
    Looking forward to see this one, especially the cut out version, does not look like that is going to be easy.

• Profile Photo

THank you John @johnb the first one wasn’t easy but it was a pity to cover all the fantastic detail so I’m looking forward to this one….probably take me a a couple weeks 😉

• Profile Photo

THank you John @johnb the first one wasn’t easy but it was a pity to cover all the fantastic detail so I’m looking forward to this one….probably take me a a couple weeks 😉

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

You’re very adventurous with your model building exploits, Cricket ! Be careful !

• Profile Photo

@ssgt Jay, is that your way of saying I’m crazy? 🙂 LOL

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

You’ve always got some interesting model project going on , Cricket

• Profile Photo

@ssgt thanks Jay, i live in a small town and it’s easier to build models than sit on the couch and watch the tube….plus I’m OCD 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Looking forward to your progress.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Another really superb entry, my friend @bikequeen! Must be awesome in cutaway!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 4 days ago:

@jdtruby @fiveten it will be some work…a good late spring early summer project once we are out of the evil weather patterns 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac

And we’re off! Added all the chassis sub assemblies and painted the first coat of paint (properly this time, white). Then added the flat black to the inside tub.

Have to keep checking the box to see what needs to be cut away 🙂

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

That's a good start, Cricket @bikequeen
    Better to check twice or more, you can only cut away too much once.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

It looks really nice with the black paint, Cricket (@bikequeen). When cutting stuff, my guide has always been to measure twice, cut once, curse, then go get some glue to fix your mistake.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

@jihnb @gblair. Really? Geeesh all these years I have measure once cut twice ;). And cursing is a given :). Thanks guys 🙂