• Profile Photo
    Dion Dunn said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

Cricket, I made up for it by working on my Porsche for you today. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

@dion-dunn what pal! Thanks Dion ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Got the front end done today, was a lot of work, but Iโ€™m happy with it, also did the hood and the body (not pictured). Some dust I didn't see until I looked at the photos..itโ€™s gone n own ๐Ÿ™‚

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, that front looks good especially the lights and grill.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Looks good to me, Cricket @bikequeen
    Seems like you had some nice weather as well to do the painting.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

The front end looks excellent, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 4 days ago:

@chinesegeorge Thanks George, I messed up a bit at first and put the lights in before the lenses oops. The lenses had some scratches in them so I thought I would leave them til last. Turned it they had to be put in before the lights. โ€ฆ but i saved it.

• Profile Photo

@johnb thank John, yeah the weather was gorgeous, 84 most of the day low humidity, rai moving in tonight, but it is the first of May here in the midsouth USA and as they say โ€œif you dont like the weather, wait a minuteโ€ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo

@fiveten Thank you Spiros im happy with the results I have pushed the envelope o this build

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer @tcicla

Well here is yesterdayโ€™s updates. I managed to get the body almost finished. I opted for the display i the first photo then realized I need to paint the whole inside body shell flat black, I brush painted it it looks sloppy it when set up in the display it want be that noticeable โ€ฆ i hope ๐Ÿ™‚

I did the doors this morning but there is no photo yet

The rear decal and spoiler was a real challenge and this whole build is so much better that the old one i cut a lot of corners on that one, I didn't hear. Decals will be next and I dislike large decals

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Looks great, Cricket (@bikequeen). I can imagine how difficult these decals are.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Looks perfect, Cricket @bikequeen
    Decals might be a challenge but your skills will deal with that.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

@gblair @johnb WOW talk about your typos LOL. I meant the rear deck not decals those were easy however I have struggled with the roof and hood decals, the solvent ruined the hood one, luckily in had a spare. I cut the roof into 3 strips and that worked pretty well, so i removed the hood decals and cut the new ones, now I afraid to use any of the solvents on them, so I will let them dry and see how they look. I intensely dislike large decals and there are Cartagraph decals and they are usually GREAT. Oh well. The side decals on the other car gave me unbelievable fits. No pics juts yet but thanks for the comments ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

I think cutting the larger decals into smaller parts is the way to go, Cricket @bikequeen.