Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Martini Turbo

Started by Cricket · 150 · 2 weeks ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 month ago:

Todays progress. Made the seat belts, which add a lot detail to the kit, but also the edges fray real easy, was tempted to hold a lighter close to them to get the edges to melt but didn't want to risk it

Did the pedals and seat …

Slow burn, there is a lot to this kit

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 1 month ago:

Coming along nicely!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 1 month ago:

Satisfying and rich, as it should be on this scale. Keep coming Cricket @bikequeen .

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month ago:

Fantastic detail work, Cricket @bikequeen
    Especially those seatbelts are great looking.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month ago:

Wow! What a greatly detailed work, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 1 month ago:

Very cool, Cricket! 😁 Great start on an iconic Porsche @bikequeen! πŸ‘

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac

Wasn’t going to do much today but I started fiddling with it and got quite a bit dine including what I did yesterday

I even put fuel in the fuel tank πŸ™‚

Engine and transmission are ready for paint I am going to use different shades of AK paints for some contrast.

5 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 1 month ago:

Nice and sharp work . Don't be affraide to add some dirt here and there . Even the most neat cars have their "secrets". After all, they are hard workers, so to speak, they will also have some leaks ... πŸ˜‰

• Profile Photo

Great progress, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

Excellent progress, Cricket @bikequeen
    How did you create the filled fuel tank effect, or did you seriously add fluid in there.

• Profile Photo

@faraomike LOL….yeah she’s still in the clean room being assembled before race day πŸ˜‰

• Profile Photo

@fiveten Thank you once again Spiros I was watching a video of another build and got the idea for the red calipers, but I had already installed the front ones. With slight pressure they popped off so I painted all 4 red πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo

@johnb ahh very good question John. As I mentioned to Spiros i was watching a video of about he build and got the idea, so it’s not my idea. I masked the inside of the 2 halls

sprayed a light coat of red inside (no pic) and glued the halves together πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo

Excellent technique, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

Great technique and very realistic outcome, Cricket @bikequeen
    Ps. I hope to be able to get the same level of skills on my recently started Honda as you show on your builds.