M8 Greyhound Italeri 1/35 kit
October 31, 2013 in Armor
I think this was my third kit to start. It is an OOB build that I started quite a while ago but only finished weathering and decals just now. Painted with olive drab, with white interior, spray cans with black for tires. Other parts hand painted. Weathered with pastel and MIG pigments. The larger decals are kit decals but the fender registrations are MicroScale individual numbers and letters. That was fun! Two things I’ll never forget. The .50 calibre fell off of the table, unknown to me, and I only realized this when I rolled my office chair over top of it and heard the snaps. Managed to get the jigsaw back together. Also, the river of MicroSol I used to get the engine deck star to settle in the many ridges. Good practice and looks OK I think. Also used a tip I heard from another modeller – for antennae, I used two polyester hairs cut from a paint brush for house paint and CA’d them to the bases. I will post pictures of another WIP – an aircraft this time!
8 additional images. Click to enlarge