The following is one of over 5,000 great modeling articles created through iModeler.

24th scale Mosquito

December 7, 2014 in Aviation

I’ve been away a while having started a new job.
I’m building this for a friend and its a good kit, would be great if it wasn’t for all the ejector pin marks!

I have replaced some of the soft detail in the cockpit and added some scratch bits and MDC harnesses. the bombs have thinner flights and brass “rings”

Hope you enjoy the pictures.


41 additional images. Click to enlarge

People who liked this article:
Profile photo of Mark HousleyMark HousleyProfile photo of Milan D.Milan D.Profile photo of Gregor dGregor dProfile photo of Bernd MüllerBernd MüllerProfile photo of bob mackbob mack

12 responses to 24th scale Mosquito

  1. Some careful, thoughtful modelling going on here, Rob. I haven’t seen this kit around for a while, so nice to see it presented to this standard.

  2. Great work , loverly detail!

  3. Rob, nice clean work, very neatly done. Your photos make a great reference.

  4. Stunning workmanship, sir….it’s gonna be a beauty, I can see that already!

  5. Thank you everybody for your comments.

  6. Great work Robert ! Very nicely detailed, love the instrumen panel.
    There was a online build with that kit on another forum, the modeller did run into some serious fit problems on the fuselage/gun openings and on the wings/engine nacelles. Good luck !

  7. Great work there Robert. I look forward to more progress shots in due course.

  8. Nice work there Robert, I know what you mean about the pin marks, I have got this kit in my stash and I have seen the b*****s.
    Great pics of the details.

  9. Great start with this, Robert, good luck with the rest of the build, please keep us posted.

  10. Thanks for the comments and encouragement everyone.
    With a few additions all the elements of the cockpit are now complete. There was no decal supplied for the compass which is a shame so I got round this by scratching through the paint to indicate the rings and adding a couple of fine pieces of copper wire. I then flooded the top of the compass with clear to simulate the glazing. The drift indicator also had some extra bits added to make it more accurate.
    Additional wiring, clips and an oxygen hose were added to the port side.
    I’ve been thinking about adding some wood detail to the floor where the crew access before closing up the fuselage.

    Thanks for looking,

  11. For anyone interested in following the progress of the build I will be making further posts in the Work in Progress section.

Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.