Here is the completed cockpit of my Airfix 1:48 Bf109 E7. The moulding it very good yet lots of details were missing. I scratchbuilt most of the finer details which is something I really enjoy doing. Some details aren't 100% accurate but rather [...]
This my last finished project of a beautiful aircraft. This kit is very big,size desk under it is 60x40cm. :) But i am very happy, than i have it at home.
The British Aircraft Corporation TSR-2 was a cancelled Cold War strike and reconnaissance[...]
Trop completed! So refreshing to build in 1: 48th scale again. Scratchbuilt seatbelts made with masking tape. The decal for the instruments was fiddly so I painted them myself. Using oil paints and enamel washes for the first time was great! The[...]
This vid is the second in an ongoing series made with a good friend over at RTB Models. A bit of history and then discussion about the kit. We take turns choosing what to review. Vid 1 was the Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk1a. The second the Dornier an[...]
Returnig to this hobby after almost 30 years, I’ve heard that Airfix is doing OK. So, I built my favorit plane just straight from the box, just to see.
Chosed the early Dunkirk color scheme, as it was fun to weathered.
After all those years, my [...]
The RAF WWII 'wooden wonder' here in a 1970's kit.
It depicts a plane from the 487th Squadron, in Operation Jericho, Amiens 18 Feb 1944.
Made from wood, this plane has litle panel lines and/or rivets but, based on some photos, I did so[...]
I have always liked the Defiant and had started this Airfix 1/72 Defiant Mk I and then put it back in the box. Well, now its finished! I added Eduard Zoom to the interior, Quickboost gun barrels, exhaust and pitot/antenna masts. Aires resin for[...]
Resin gun pods and gun barrels from Quickboost, the side blast shields and front guns exit were done with styrene plastic sheet. Decals from an old Albatros decal set but I retouched the Nose Art decal and painted the falcon´s head and national [...]
Terrific model, excellent build, and one I would recommend absolutely.
I used Tamiya acrylics, which is something I have not done in over twenty years. I also used Star Fighter Decals, which I am pleased to report, worked flawlessly.
My first 1:48 Airfix kit, it was an absolute joy to build, except for the canopy, which had an awful fit.
Parts also fitted very tight in some areas, so they had to be sanded to get a good fit.
I used the kit decals to make Adolf Galland´s Bf 1[...]