Here are the photos of our sub collection of helicopters which inlcudes these ones
1) Westland-Sikorsky WS-51 Dragonfly. Prototype VW209. In December 1946 an agreement was signed between Westland Aircraft and Sikorsky to allow a British version of the S-51 to be manufactured under license in the United Kingdom.
2) Cierva W.9, also known as the Cierva E.16/43 – PX203. The Cierva W.9 was a British 1940s experimental helicopter with a three-blade tilting-hub controlled main rotor, and torque compensation achieved using a jet of air discharged from the rear port side of the fuselage.
3) Bristol Type 171 Sycamore. First prototype The design of the Sycamore commenced in June 1944, and the maiden flight took place on 27 July 1947, with the prototype VL958.
4) Sikorsky R4 Hoverfly KK979/ of the RN Flying School after being passed to the British Naval Liaison Officer (Air) – Floyd Bennett – 1945
5) Sikorsky R-6A Hoverfly II KN856 evaluated at A&AEE Boscombe Down in October 1945
6) Sikorsky YR-4B FT835 Hoverfly – MV Daghestan (British Freighter) anchored at Liverpool – 16 January 1944 – Cdr Stew Graham USCG
All the Helicopters togethers
All the Sikorsy’s together
A couple of more photos
I hope you like them.