1/48 scale Italeri AH-1W Cobra, Glamoc Gunnery Range, Bosnia Herzegovina, 1998
- Cobra Company cockpit
- Cobra Company exhaust correction kit
- scratch-built enlarged oil cooler behind the skids
- Two Bobs "Whiskeys In The Mix" decal set, modified to represent an aircraft I took a picture of while at gunnery qualifications on deployment in Bosnia, 1997-98
- custom home made SFOR decals to complete the bosnia deployment decals
- scratch-built skid cross tubes made from aluminum tubing to represent the present configuration of skids, as opposed to the skids with fairings as seen on older cobra versions
i also corrected the main rotor blades, since out of the box they were oriented in the wrong direction, so the rotor head spun the wrong way. this kit is not a bad kit, but you really need to correct an awful lot to make it accurate, and i didnt realize just how inaccurate it was until i was well past the point of no return. i would gladly build another one, but i would correct a lot more as well. anyways, it still came out not bad, and it represents a day out of my past that i get to look at every day, so this one is one of the personal builds in my collection. Thanks for checking in!