You are visiting iModeler as a Guest. Let's hope this is only a beginning.
Join iModeler today.
"The response to my group build has been staggering." @dlee
Third of three photo files.
49 additional images. Click to enlarge.
more from this author »
Simon Whitney said on November 10, 2014
Wow Rob, thanks for posting these pics.
Some totally amazing dio`s there.
Also well done on getting the bronze medal for "Big Fish" dio.
The competition looked very good.
Rob Pollock said on November 10, 2014
Yes I stopped taking photos after 150. Anyone with a particular interest could have taken as many just focusing on their own preference, but I thought it would be interesting for those not in attendance to see the variety.
Tom Cleaver said on November 10, 2014
Congratulations on the win, hell even just being noticed in that crowd is an achievement!
It's a little odd to see dozens of models of such high calibre without so much as a 'commended', but naturally I'm pleased with the placement for the dio.
George Williams said on November 10, 2014
Well done, Rob, bronze is a great award, and thank you for posting these pictures, they really brought home what a great exhibition this is, and not only aircraft! I was beginning to think this was the Great Annual Aircraft Model Exhibition! I'm sure you enjoyed your weekend in Telford.
I guess the exhibition reflects the hobby itself, where perhaps 80% of subjects are aero and all other subject types vie for the other 20% of attention.
Rick Wilkes said on November 10, 2014
Thanks for posting pictures of the Club & SIG displays.
Congratulations on your well deserved Bronze award for "Big Fish", from your pictures it's easy to see that dioramas were a hotly contested category this years with many excellent entries.
Cheers Rick. I'm sure I missed photographing about thirty club stands/SIGS, but these shots give a good idea of the weekend.
Bernd Müller said on November 10, 2014
Really amazing builds and dios. And Congratulations for your award !
Really inspiring !
bob mack said on November 10, 2014
nice work rob...on your part too
Craig Abrahamson said on November 10, 2014
I see Rene's big Kamakazie-themed dio made it ok...that's an amazing build.
Yes and apparently now destined to be an installation on the actual USS Missouri itself, as a kind of museum piece.
I've been watching his in-progress posts, and that thing is just stunning. What a perfect place for it to go for permanent display.
Wow, the talent and creativity and imagination on display in that event is just stunning. I really really really really really have to get there.
November 7 & 8 2015.
Bryan W. Bernart said on November 11, 2014
Incredible talent on display-I don't think what I saw a couple of years ago at the IPMS Nationals in Orlando even came close. Congrats on Big Fish!
Kirk Ashley-Morgan said on November 17, 2014
Lovely photos of my Canberra and Jagdtiger dio's from the Abingdon IPMS club stand in there, thanks . If you ever have a chance to go to the show you really should. I've been going for the last 4 years over two and it never ceases to amaze me how much I miss, let alone all the incredible work I do see.
Rob Pollock said on November 17, 2014
Lovely work on that Canberra, Kirk.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Silently powered by the iModeler software and the many sleepless nights of the webmaster.
© 2011-2021 iModeler. All rights reserved.