Kamov Ka 50 "Hokum", 018, test aircraft Tashkent 1991.
1/72 Italeri, I modified the rotor head, replacing some parts to separate the two rotors, finished in MM enamels with I think Tamiya X22 and MM 30000 over kit decals.
9 additional images. Click to enlarge.
Cracking job, Allan...one of the better ones I've seen.
Beautiful work !
Imodeler is currently a good place for Kamov designs, nice paint job by the way.
Looks great Allan ! I did this one myself and similarly modified the rotors.
you didn't post it !
You've been into the rotor heads lately! Looks really nice. I haven't been able to bring myself to divert from my first love (fixed wing aircraft), but I've been tempted a time or two!
Thanks Greg, the devil made me do it the first time the second time I did it on my own, and the third, the fourth, etc !
Great job sir. One thing about helos though ,is if the prop stops you drop.
Thanks Robert, the motor can stop but not the rotor !
Ya got me.
Nice work again, Allan, that rotor head looks particularly tricky to get right.
Thanks George, a little tricky, better than the kit version !
Nice build Allan, quite an unusual subject as well.
Really nice, Allan. I really like the detail of the rotor head. I'm grateful that when I was a tank commander I never had to face one of these in combat!