Tamiya 1/35 Matilda II
--- Image [pic10] not found ---
Lately, my workbench has been a mess. Not so much in a literal sense, but rather in the way projects keep coming in and not getting finished. Part of that is the result of trying to get build reviews done, while simultaneously participating in a Group Build and testing new techniques and materials. So naturally I started another build a couple of weeks ago.
--- Image [pic4] not found ---
If you are into armor and always wondered why everyone calls Tamiya kits “shake and bake”, look no further than their Matilda II. This thing goes together so fast and so easy it is hard to believe. And honestly, that was just what I needed. The kit was built almost out of the box, I just replaced the plastic barrel with a turned metal piece from RB Models, and added the fuel line for the auxilliary tank using lead wire.
--- Image [pic8] not found ---
Maybe the trickiest part of the whole build was masking the camouflage pattern, especially around the rear deck. For the Caunter Scheme camouflage I used MRP lacquers, and as was to be expected they worked like a dream.
--- Image [pic5] not found ---
Weathering consisted of sponge chipping and some hairspray chipping on the exhausts, various pin washes with Ammo by Mig products, and a bit of oil paint rendering.
--- Image [pic2] not found ---
--- Image [pic3] not found ---
--- Image [pic6] not found ---
--- Image [pic7] not found ---
--- Image [pic9] not found ---
--- Image [pic11] not found ---
--- Image [pic12] not found ---
--- Image [pic13] not found ---
--- Image [pic14] not found ---