Peerless/Max 15CWT CMP truck with 6 Pounder anti-tank gun
This is the ancient Peerless/Max 1/35 15Cwt CMP that was originally released with the 6 Pounder anti-tank gun. The kit dates back to 1974
Painted and marked as the 5th Canadian Armoured Division, 12th Infantry Battalion, 2nd Artillery co. – Italy, 1943
– On CMP:
– Modified from Chevy to Ford with Eduard’s photo-etch grill, Ford instrument panel, “Ford Canada” and “Ford” logos on front
– Detailed cab with rear internal structure, detailed Lee-Enfield .303 rifles, added slings (stowed behind seats), square Ford style clutch and brake pedals, shortened and modified seats and added leather texture and wrinkles, corrected/modified shift levers, hinged drivers door. Added side window mount brackets, sliding rear window handles, windshield wiper motors and wiring, front windshield opening adjusters, replaced windshield with clear acetate. Added wiper blades from brass wire.
– Opened grill area, detailed rad and added shroud, added brake lines, spring shackles, fuel tank fill neck braces, corrected fuel tank supports to proper profile, scribed wood grain into load bed wooden panels, replaced canvass tie-down hooks with flattened wire, replaced canvass cover framework with brass tube and wire. Added padlock shackles to all stowage boxes, flattened tires.
– Painted with custom mix Tamiya acrylics, mix of kit and IPMS Canada decals, weathered with pastels, oils and artist Gauche
– On 6 Pound anti-tank gun:
– Replaced all the tie-downs with fine copper wire, drilled out the elevation wheel, filled the sink holes in the carriage tongues and replaced the weld beads, drilled out tubes on spades, added pins and chains at the spade end and refined the spades, and on the forward splinter shield, made hinges on the lower shield and hooks and eyes from fine brass wire so that it is articulated.
Painted with Tamiya acrylics (custom mix for the BCC 2 service brown), weathered with artist oils, artist Gauche, pastels.
Hope you like!
20 additional images. Click to enlarge.