This is the ID vacuform kit 1/32 nd scale. This as built over a 5 year period, and I really ran into an issue with the nacelles. I had tried to strengthen them with resin and they severely distorted. It took me about a year to work up the gumption to rebuild them.
It is issued as a N1, but I wanted to do this as an N2. This means that the dorsal turret was deleted and the ventral gun position was removed with a fairing was placed to help with aerodynamics. The other add on for this model was the parachute housing at the tail end of the fuselage.
– I had to do four bladed props with resin
– Landing gear from G Model He-111
– Interior and many exterior details were scratch built
– New vacuform canopy made for the N2 type
– Owl FuG 202 radar arrays
– Flying surfaces separated and refined and placed in more natural positions
– RLM 74,75,76 camouflage with 66 and 02 interior areas
Represents aircraft from 6/NJG 4 Pilot: Feldwebel Gunther Konzack This was interred in Switzerland in 1944 after confusion on its directions and landing at a Swiss airstrip by mistake.
9 additional images. Click to enlarge.