COVID No.10 Hasegawa Junkers Ju-87G2
This plane is “ugly as sin “ as one might say. Also ,slow with the attached cannon, but it was supposed to take out tanks not aircraft. I bought the kit in May and completed it in September. Quick for me, but had plenty of time. To correct some needs in my opinion, I bought Quickboost propeller blades, night exhaust shrouds, and Master 3.7cm bordcannon. This metal barrel replacement is necessary. The kit barrels just don’t quite cut it. I used wire to add tubing detail to the pylons. I used Eagle Editions decals for this bird- a picture in a book I have shows this captured bird. The picture also indicates no additional armor plate on the fuselage sides. Paints: AK 71/76/ rubber black, xtracolour 71, MM 66 cockpit interior and yellow rudder and cowling. Tamiya gun metal on the barrels. The instruction sheet cut out masks were used to make new tape masks for the upper surfaces. I used the walkway strip decals- which worked better than I anticipated. Again I used lead foil for backing of seatbelt decals. Used Eduard canopy masks. What fun that was! Weathering: silver art pencil, oils, and pastel chalks. This was a beat up, dirty aircraft in the picture. I really had to play with the fit of the sliding sections of the canopy. I’m satisfied with how the sections turned out.
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.