Airfix B-17 G 1/72
This is my recent project, a nice Airfix kit. Not my usual scale, but this bird in 1/48 just won’t fit my space here.
Except Eduard Masks, a must for all these clear parts, everything else OOB.
Fitting is nice in general, except for the clear parts that build into the tail gun structure being too narrow for the fuselage, which causes a step. Also, after glueing the fuselage halves, I ended up with a gap right in front of the windshield. Despite this, the clear part for the “canopy” structure fitted well with the gap. So, instead of forcing the halves to join, I just put some additional plastic between them and the result was fine.
Decals a little bit too thick, but with the help of Mr Setter, went really well.
Hope you enjoy!
18 additional images. Click to enlarge.