Come on! Share your disasters.
I have a Revell 1/32 Ju-88 which I was rather pleased with as part of my Malta 1942 collection. I had to hunt for this kit on e-bay, enjoyed building it. Now the canopy wasn’t perfect but it was ok. Last month I foolishly dusted some models. Inevitably the aerial broke off along with it’s antenna cable. In a rush I glued it back on with CA and used CA Accellerant on it (I know !). A few weeks later I noticed the canopy had got a whole lot worse. The second pic shows my attempts to fix it! Soaked in alcohol (that makes 2 of us). Rubbed with t-cut, sandpaper. Eventually soaked in undiluted Peracetic Acid at the farm. No joy.
Anyway, pleas to Revell for spares were fruitless (not unexpected as it’s no longer available (not even the ludicrous flashy birling toy one). SOOO I ended up ponying up £80 + for a whole new model on e bay just for the clear parts. I couldn’t face binning it. I just binned my attempt at converting the Revell Mossie to FB configuration (see other article) and am working on the Tamiya one instead. I have learned a lot about canopy care and this just taught me another brutal lesson.
Oh, after EXTENSIVE research found the equivalent of this FUTURE everyone bangs on about but doesn’t seem to be available anywhere ! Pledge Revive It apparently. Revive this s****r!
1 additional image. Click to enlarge.