iModeler tutorial – Understanding what iModeler is about
iModeler is a new kind of online hobby community -- also voted as the Best Modeling Club on the Planet! Here is a short overview of what it can do.
- It puts you in control. No more waiting for days or weeks for your article to be published. Your modeling is always welcome to take the stage - all it takes is just a click of a button!
- It's brilliantly simple to use. With near-zero learning curve, start collaborating from any location, with any device, or multi-device.
- Unlimited picture space - and you'll never need to worry about any technical details. iModeler will just make your pictures look beautiful - period.
- Make friends. iModeller will help you make real friends (as opposed to !*.½^% online friends) and stay informed about their modeling activity.
- Your portfolio. All your posts are kept together in your personal portfolio. It's the diary and log book of your modeling.
- Start your own online group - for your next group build, local modeling club, event, or just you and your buddies. You run the group - we'll take care of the plumbing.
Start by creating an account. It is free, always will be, and will instantly open a wealth of features that aren't available, or even visible, for guest visitors. The importance of creating an account cannot be overstated. You may be a regular guest of our website but really, unless you have an account you're still looking at iModeler through a keyhole.
Once you've logged in but feel new to the environment, follow this guide for 3-minute explanation of what you can do: iModeler tutorial - Navigating the front page
However your modeling is, we want you to post about it. Posting is important - it will create a flow, context and track record in your hobby. You decide how to do it -- through headline articles, WIP threads in groups, or a personal diary. Start gently - check iModeler tutorial - Posting your first article at iModeler: A gentle introduction