LT-6G Mosquito "Night Train" – 1/48 Revell (Monogram) T-6 Texan

Started by Andrew H · 39 · 2 years ago · AT-6, Harvard, North American, T-6, Texan
  • Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years ago:

this is coming out great! Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Well, after ~7 months away from this build, I once again picked up the reigns this weekend.

I do not have much time to attribute to this update, but at least wanted to show a few pics with some notes.

Anti-Glare panel painted. This aircraft had only part of the engine cowling painted:

Per Tom's recommendation, the control surfaces were "doped" with a matte varnish. Also notable is the thinned down cowling, just aft of the engine:

Various antennae were added, and control linkages were added for both the rudder and the ailerons.

The canopy has been masked inside and out, and primed. More on that in the next update. Also, I will share at that point my solution to the rockets, which was not too different from that of Jamie C's on his recent LT-6G.

See you all soon!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Andrew, @pb_legend
    It's good to see you are back at it, working on your T-6. These planes had a jumble of different style antennae's that were mounted on them in various locations. You're doing a wonderful job with this. I think it was a good idea to tone down the sheen on the control surfaces since these were fabric covered on the real plane. This makes it look more realistic.

I did happen to spy what looks like a very nice T-33 sitting in the background... 😉

I'm looking forward to your next installment. By the looks of things, you are getting close to completing her.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

This is indeed a wonderful job so far, my friend @pb_legend!
    The "half-black" cowling really adds character!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Another update this evening... in the home stretch!

In essence, it just needs some touch up's and details, as well as the landing light lenses fit... I'm not sure where they've gone off to, though, so that may require some creativity. I really wanted to use a Squadron canopy, but it was not correct for a T-6G, thus I had to fit the kit's canopy, which is extremely thick, but also adequately clear. I had to do some filling-in with some Micro Kristal Klear, especially around the front windshield. I'm not completely satisfied, but it'll do.

As for the armaments... clearly the warhead is a bit too large, but I like the way they look, seeing how the rest of the rocket is undersized. They are from a 1/72 Special Hobby Post-War British armament set. I shortened them down as well, in order to make them more diminutive. I also added a second pylon, again from a P-51. Their location is not accurate, surely, but again it looks good enough to me.

Louis, both this and the T-33 are just short of getting some pictures... perhaps this weekend for both!

Likely, the next update will be to post the link to the article. Thanks for following!

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Looking great with the canopy and the rest add-ons, my friend @pb_legend!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 5 months ago:
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Having already praised your excellent job, let me also congratulate you from "here', my friend @pb_legend!
    What a great entry and what an amazing result to our very successful "Korean War" GB!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Andrew, @pb_legend
    I have finally realized that I never commented on your completed Texan. It turned out magnificently, and looks even better in the headlines section ! Your T-33 also looks wonderful... In noticed that it too is now in the headlines as well. I have not had as much time for building models lately, but that should soon change. BTW, sometime in January, I have plans to finally build a 1/48 Monogram B-29, named "Command Decision". This one is going to take up some room... 🙂

Thank you very much for participating in our ever growing Korean War group, and I hope to see more of your work soon.