Aoshima Kawasaki GPZ900R 1/12 has arrived

Started by Cricket · 9 · 2 months ago · 1/12, 1/12th, 1/35th, Aoshima, Hino HH truck and trailer, Kawasaki, Kawasaki GPZ900R
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 months, 1 week ago:

@coondog @brithebuilder @fiveten @chinesegeorge @chrisballard @gblair @ssgt @johnb @clipper @jdtruby

I broke rank with Tamiya and bought this kit. (I liked the color scheme) I was reluctant but i had built an Aoshima Hino HH tractor and trailer so I thought I would take a chance, it’s a really nice kit, will be an easy build. Here are pics of the bike and the truck i build about a year and a half ago

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Aoshima usually get good reviews, Cricket @bikequeen, I’m tempted with one of their Lamborghini kits.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge Thanks George. I wouldn’t have bought it had I not done the truck, I liked the detail, the instructions need a bit of decoding but not to bad

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I've seen their kits before, but never have built one. BTW, I didn't even know Tamiya did 1/6th scale motorcycles until I saw you recent posting. Those must really be the bomb as their 1/12 scale kits are pretty nice already.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Nice looking truck, Cricket (@bikequeen). Like Carl, I also didn't know that Tamiya did 1/6 scale motorcyles. Very pricey, but they look really nice. I was thinking about the 1/9 scale military motorcycle I did a year ago. It was huge. 1/6 must be extra large.

• Profile Photo

@clipper @gblair yes they did quite a few 1/6th and yeah they are extremely pricey! And they measure about 12 to 13 inches long. I can’t tell you how many times people have said they look like real bikes 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

The GPz kit looks excellent, as does your completed truck, my friend @bikequeen! For an unexplained reason, I have always been a bit sceptical regarding buildability of Aoshima kits (possibly due to being spoiled by Tamiya?). Anyway, great to hear that they are good kits.
    Looking forward to your GPz!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Never heard about this brand but looking at how the truck turned out, the Kawa will be great, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb thank you guys. I had never heard of them either but a guy on ebay taold me the truck was as good as Tamiya … i had my doubts but I gave it a try, it wasnt but it wasnt bad either. So I took a chance on the Kawasaki :). IT got here from Hong Kong in 7 days! USPS cant do that good 🙂