Pocher 1/4 Ducati Panigale 1299 R Final Edition

Started by Cricket · 157 · 3 months ago · 1/4, Ducati, Panigale 1299, Pocher, Pocher Ducati 199 R Final Edition
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

@gblair Thanks George! I appreciate the accolades. And Yes the meteorologist that “trained” me moved to Texas and he’s Ben telling me what’s going on out that way. I cant stand this weather and although I love my tiny piece of land I hate this part of the country for that reason. I thought that learning about the weather would help, you know, “knowledge is power” and all….NOPE just made it worse :). My body cant take anymore adrenaline…LOL. Stay safe George

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

Sorry to hear about the weather, Cricket @bikequeen, from what I’ve seen on the news it looks terrible. The extra details you’re adding to the Pocher kit are lifting it into the “something specials”.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge Thanks George, it’s been this way for 3 weeks now and it’s getting really old as @gblair mentioned. The kit is going to be nice. I have to keep reminding g me “Modeling is fun, Modeling is fun, Modeling is fun” 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

Oh my, this is a fantastic looking engine, Cricket @bikequeen
    Wise decision to order those extras, eventhough you wont see much of them at a later stage.
    And yes, modelling is supposed to be fun.

• Profile Photo

@johnb thank you John as stated next is the exhaust and its a nightmare ….i’ll send photos soon

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks absolutely gorgeous, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

Awesome progress! @bikequeen

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @jdtruby thanks guys! It truly is different from what im used too!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow, Cricket @bikequeen. Your Ducati is coming along nicely and looks like it will almost be big enough to ride!

• Profile Photo

@eb801 Thanks Eric! Yeah just about 😉

• Profile Photo
    Eduardo Piña said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

Great work on a great model Cricket, I really like it, a lot.

• Profile Photo

@epinac Hello stranger! Nice to see you back here, Thanks Eduardo, its a fun but challenging kit that is truly testing me 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer @faraomike

The exhaust system of this kit really sucks! The fit is awful and I hope it’s not a prelude to the rest of the kit. SO here are some photos and the finished product, well almost finished, I had to remove the kit decals

because the whole thing had to be assembled, screwed, glued, filled with putty and or Mr Surfacer, sanded, primed, painted etc etc…what a mess. this pic shows where there should be a screw but it just didn’t fit, the whole assemble fell apart in my hands and I gave up and used CA glue glue on it

I choose Tamiya Metallic Gold spray TS-84 over Tamiya Gloss black, over Tamiya Fine White primer. As it was the closet to the original color (Tamiya Titanium Gold might have been a better choice). Once it was all painted I saw numerous parts that were still not filled properly …but after almost 3 days messing with it, it will have to do. I have aftermarket decals so that will be good, the guy made them as there were mold lines on the muffler, that wouldn’t do, at least I got rid of them. Also the are holes need to be filled, so I used pieces of sprue that i had cut and glued in

So here it without the decal or the ends of the mufflers, no sense in putting the decals on until it’s almost finished dont want to risk ruining them

And lastly here it is on the engine just as a test fit. I have some wiring to do on the engine yet to do

and lastly just to show you the size of this beast there it is in my hand! YIKES weighing in at 2 pounds

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Pipes and engine look amazing, Cricket (@bikequeen). You are certainly creating something magic here.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

All your work on that exhaust has made a huge difference, Cricket @bikequeen, love the gold titanium colour.