Pocher 1/4 Ducati Panigale 1299 R Final Edition

Started by Cricket · 52 · 2 hours ago · 1/4, Ducati, Panigale 1299, Pocher, Pocher Ducati 199 R Final Edition
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 5 days ago:

@fiveten thanks Spiros…it’s a beast

• Profile Photo

@johnb yeah I know it was prepainted, there are some plastic part that will need aluminum or silver paint from what I understand we will see

• Profile Photo

@bozzer Yeah man neither have I now I have to find a place to build it 🙂

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge the box weighed 33 pounds, the complete kit will weight 11 plus pounds I have a hard time beliving the packing weighed 22 pounds but it is packed well

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Haha, Cricket @bikequeen, I hope it’s recyclable, the packing I mean.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer

Well a new day and had a chance to look through the box. I’m sad to say most of the kit is plastic, including the cowlings/fairings. Most everything is painted. Which is no big deal, there are some things I can add detail to. Everything is screwed together and there are dozens and dozens of screws. ( i cant shoot pics of all the parts bags there are just way to many

Some reviews I read complained that some of the screws, mainly on the engine should have been “cap screws” (Allen head) dont know if they are called the same in other countries.

Here is a pic of the different screws, some will have to be cut to length as they will bottom out on the metal parts

This tray is all metal

And these cards are all metal as well as the forks and chain (fully assembled)

I’m disappointed the fairings are not metal but they look nice and are well painted…a coat of auto wax will make them pop. I seriously doubt this will take months as some reviewers have stated. But I will take my time and do a detailed review (my first) of this kit. For the money I’m disappointed, but we will see once I start it. I may have to rent a warehouse to build it 🙂

If you dont want to be include in future updates please tell me now and i will remove you from the list.

Meanwhile I still have the Porsche 935 body to figure out and finish. I also threw a Ford Panel truck together for a friend yesterday…will add pic to the auto group soon.

So join me on this journey of the “legendary” Pocher kit

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge sadly no one where I live gives a hoot about recycling. There is a facility about an hour north of that that sits there with pallets of bundle recycling and the wind just tears apart and scatters it never moves.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Looking forward to this build, Cricket (@bikequeen). I have never seen a kit like this built.

• Profile Photo

@gbalir me either George but have heard nothing bad about them, so we will see how it goes together

• Profile Photo
    John aitken said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Will be good and worth the effort..different challenges and workflow from tamiya..I’d suggest some magnetized screwdriver heads will help..

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 1 week, 5 days ago:

You can definitely get new screws, if you know the thread size? I'd hazard a guess that they'll be metric. Obviously, you can see them much better, than any of us. And just to keep your mind at rest, we also call them Allen Screws 💯

• Profile Photo

@johnaitken yeah I have Tamiya’s screwdriver it’s magnetized. I also have my watchmaker magnetizer/demagnitizer

• Profile Photo

@bozzer yep, I ordered some but they will be way to long…which isn’t an issue

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Looks like a wonderful set, Cricket @bikequeen
    A pity not everything is metal but I think you will not notice the plastic parts once all is done.
    Allen screws are called 'inbus screws' in the Netherlands.

• Profile Photo

@johnb yeah I guess but for the $ I expected more, but we will see when I start it….would be a great winter kit, but I probably wont wait that long 🙂