Pocher 1/4 Ducati Panigale 1299 R Final Edition

Started by Cricket · 49 · 3 hours ago · 1/4, Ducati, Panigale 1299, Pocher, Pocher Ducati 199 R Final Edition
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, first I’m happy to receive the updates. Second I watched a video of this kit where a guy built it in four days, it looks impressive but he didn’t do a very good job. He left a lot of the details off, like the brake pipes that connect the calipers………….. he also had issues with some of the screws being too long. I’m sure you will do a better job though. I built a Meng prepainted BMW a while ago, you have to be careful not to mark the painted bits when tightening up the screws.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 4 days ago:

@chinesegeorge yeah I read the screws are long in spots, but thats no big deal to me. I also hear about Meg but I bought some WWI tanks but them and I didnt care much for the quality, the plastic was way to soft for my tase and the parts didnt fit well, but that was some time ago maybe that have gotten better. The Pocher will be interesting to say the least

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Interesting kit indeed, my friend @bikequeen. Maybe you expected tsd more for what you paid, but, definitely, such kits are very expensive, maybe overpriced. Looking forward to see more!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 4 days ago:

I fou nd a guy on ebay that has the proper screws, taps and addition decals for this kit…I ordered them all 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 1 week, 3 days ago:

More money than Donald Trump! We secretly know, that you're selling moonshine and horse shoes 😜

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 6 days, 18 hours ago:

Got the screws today they are awesome! Going to make this kit POP!

Hard to the from the photos

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 days, 16 hours ago:

Looks like you’ve got a good selection there, Cricket @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 days, 14 hours ago:

Nicely sorted out, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 days, 14 hours ago:

Great assortment, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 6 days, 9 hours ago:

@chinesegeorge @fiveten @johnb thank you guys I’m pumped the guy on ebay had it all pretty well worked out, he has stuff for all the Pocher kits. He nickel and dimed me to death but it was worth it :). I’m looking forward to this build….wish i had brought it in the large fall would be a perfect winter kit 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 8 hours, 56 minutes ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer @faraomike

Started the engine yesterday. I’m here to say this kit is not for the faint of heart. With the aftermarket hardware nd limited workspace it’s a challenge. Most of the screw holes are not tapped. The set i got includes 4 taps but the metal is soft and easily stripped.

This is also not a kit to build when I’m already nervous about the weather 🙂

The parts fit okay, for the price I would expect better some screws had to be CA glued in…but knowing all this it will b e a better kit in the long run.

In this photo

you can see the aftermarket screws are the proper ones nice and shiny, yu can also see the molded i ones that I will paint later. I had to put it up as I was to nervous to deal with it yesterday, today will be no better.
    And as it sits now it weighs in at 1 pound 15.7 ounces :). You guys will have to convert to metric 🙂

5 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 hours, 45 minutes ago:

Hey, Cricket @bikequeen, when I read “started the engine yesterday” I misunderstood what you meant, now I get it. It looks like you’re going to need some metal work skills to get this monster to the finish line, but I’m sure you will manage it.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 7 hours, 35 minutes ago:

@chinesegeorge. I have metal work experience:). This is soft metal. I had to file some parts so they would mate well

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 hours, 24 minutes ago:

This will be a real beast when it is done, Cricket (@bikequeen). Working with different types of materials than a plastic model will change the workflow a little, but it is sure looking good. I wonder how much it will weigh when it is done?

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 hours, 53 minutes ago:

@gblair the stats say 11 pounds 20 something inches long 11 inches hig and 8 wide :). U get bad weather this week