Tamiya Kawasaki Ninja H2R, redo ;)

Started by Cricket · 83 · 3 months ago · 1/12th, Cricket, H2R, Hobby Design, Kawasaki, Kawasaki H2R, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months ago:

That's approximately -15 Celcius, that is really cold, Cricket @bikequeen
    Paints will not be fluid anymore.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months ago:

@johnb Blood isnโ€™t fluid anymore either at these temps ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 4 months ago:

@bikequeen - It's going to be a beautiful build Cricket. The extra detail from the PE parts is crazy.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder thank you Brian, the detail kits really add to the build, I cant see doing any other bike with out it

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn @chrisballard @jdtruby @clipper @tcinla

Ok so while I wait for the weather to clear and all my paints and PE stuff to get here, I'm having withdrawal so i made this
    ๐Ÿ™‚

The real bike has clear brake fluid reservoirs on the handle bars

So for giggles I tried to make my own ( i stole the idea from Plasmo ๐Ÿ™‚ ) I searched everything I had for the right size clear plastic rod but didnt have any. So I took a larger piece and filed it down

Polished it and cut it

Put the cap on it

Drilled a tiny hole in it for a hydraulic line and added a PE bracket

After it all dried I added some Tamiya clear yellow to simulate fluid and presto a more accurate piece ๐Ÿ™‚

And of course none of it will be seen once the bike is finished ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 4 months ago:

Too cool Cricket (@bikequeen)

• Profile Photo

@clipper thanks Carl ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months ago:

Wow, this is fantastic scratch buidling, especially taking the dimensions into account, Cricket @bikequeen
    Very realistic. How did you handle this tiny thing.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months ago:

Congratulations, my friend @bikequeen! Kudos to your scratch build qualities!

• Profile Photo

@johnb with my fingers and tweezers Johnโ€ฆ.actually took quite a bit if time, I did one and lost it :(. So I had make another, which was okay because the second one came out much better ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thank you Spiros , there is one for the clutch (Iโ€™m guessing) but itโ€™s much smaller, I think I will pass on that one ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months ago:

Amazing work, Cricket (@bikequeen). Like you said, a lot more realistic. Well done.

• Profile Photo

@gblair thanks George came out pretty wellโ€ฆ.to bad it wont be seen when the bike is done ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 4 months ago:

A tip for handling smaller parts like this. Make the part longer (to use as a handle) whenever possible, paint and detail, then snip off the excess when ready to install. Only requires a small amount of touch up usually.

• Profile Photo

@clipper, thats kinda what I did sanded it down to the right size then polished it , then cut it to length. Thankfully it cut pretty smooth so there wasn't much to โ€œflattenโ€