Tamiya Yamaha FZR750R OWO1 1/12th

Started by Cricket · 53 · 5 months ago · 1/12, motorcycle, Tamiya, Yamaha
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn

I’m bored and it’s a gorgeous autumn day…..SO. Here we go! The Yamaha FZR 750

This should take me about 20 minutes to build 😉

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Another awesome entry, my friend @bikequeen! An iconic bike, keeping us awake at nights back then. Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

This looks awesome, Cricket (@bikequeen). No way 20 minutes. I am thinking something like 30 minutes. Looking forward to the build. Will this one be clean or dirty?

• Profile Photo
    Martin said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Oh a FZR, a nice little machine, I had one back then and the 900, so I'll watch - have fun

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking forward to it, @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge @fiveten @impisi @gblair

No sooner did post this, we got called to a brush fire….cleared that scene and got called another one! I’m getting to old for this c r a p : ). Thats 5 brush fires in 7 days , 2 days we had 2 back to back….SIGH

I got back home did all the paperwork and found the frame which I was just cleaning up when I was called out broken :(. Don’t think it was too bad though…will check in the morning

Anyway…thanks for checking in guys and yes @gblair prob forty minutes on this one LOL …..showroom clean with clear front cowling 🙂

• Profile Photo

Should be fairly easy to repair if it is broken, @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo

Hi Cricket (@bikequeen): Hang in there. It will get better. Clear cowl will be cool.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Despite the tiredness and the inevitable maning, I am sure you somehow loved to be called on duty, my friend @bikequeen 😊
    Hope the frame will be uneventfully repaired.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Pretty sure you love your work at the firebrigade, but getting interrupted while at your hobby can be unpleasant, Cricket @bikequeen
    For sure you will get that frame fixed and looking forward to this FZR

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge @gblair @fiveten @johnb

Thansk guys. I got home that night did my paperwork, saw something on the carpet, picked it up and it was a brace for the frame. I then went on to assess the frame damage, was able to repair it, went to get the brace and lost it AGAIN! Searched for nearly 20 minutes, exhausted from the day I was hell bent on finding it. I did and attached it. Did heard work yesterday while the weather was still decent .

So pics of assembled from later today I hope. 🙂

• Profile Photo

Glad you’ve fixed the frame, Cricket @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge it wasnt a big deal to fix, just looked bad when I got home….was pretty exhausted 🙂

• Profile Photo

Good job, Cricket (@bikequeen). I usually find the missing part after I have scratchbuilt a replacement and moved on.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Glad you found it and fixed it, Cricket @bikequeen